Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011

Soap stamps

At some point last winter, I received one of the Wandering Soap Stamp Parcels from a soapmakers' forum. It was packed with polymer clay stamps in all shapes and sizes, which other soapmakers had cast from their own, self-made stamps. It was really hard to limit myself to only about a hundred stamps and not to cast a copy from each and every one of them.



Unfortunately, I had to redo some of them because I spoiled the first batch. As I was putting the stamps in the oven, I must have subconsciously thought of cake and not of polymer clay: I turned the temperature up to 175°C - eewww, what a NASTY smell! Couldn't get it out of the kitchen for several days. That's what my lovely little stamps looked like after the cake treatment:

Bild 034

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ah, those stamps look familiar! :)
    Thanks again for letting me participate, too!

    Uh, that other photo looks like charcoal! Not good. I don't want to imagine what it must have smelled like...

    AntwortenLöschen