Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011

Große Ereignisse werfen ihre Schatten voraus

Happy New Year everyone! I know I have probably lost my last two or three readers because I haven't updated regularly, but this year will be better. Come summer, I will have more time on my hands.

What's new in Soapaholic's world?


I'm offically giving up on posting chronologically because I'm still so much behind (Plus, my extensive readership could probably not care less which soap was made when as long as I include nice pictures of the soaps along with the posts). Also, I couldn't wait to show you these little gems I made last weekend with my friend C. (I borrowed her wooden mould. Someday we will both splurge on machine-washeable plastic block moulds and our life will become so much easier).


Nr. 17

The recipe was taken from Claudia Kasper's book (note to self: need new tag "book review"), it's called "Reines Gewissen"/Clear Conscience. We wanted to make a thick gold vein/swirl,
but it did not turn out as richly golden as I hoped it would, even though I put approx. 40g of gold mica into a bit of the soap base. 40g may sound little, but the mica is nearly weightless, so it's a LOT of powder. Perhaps I'll try a gold vein with just the mica and a little oil next time. I stamped it with the remaining gold mica, using the little Tchibo cookie stamps they always sell around Christmas. At the moment, the soap is sitting on my curing shelf, waiting for the grand day to come... Now I only need to order new ingredients and make at least another block of this soap. Wait and see!

Nr. 17

What else is new? I've tried some essential oils.


(+)


* the soap base doesn't heat up too much
* the soap base doesn't thicken too quickly
* the scent pretty much stays the same and doesn't change in the process of saponification

(-)

* Oh no! You have to be creative and mix your own fragrance?!
* Ouch! Essential oils really are
expensive!

* Therefore, my range of possible fragrances is rather limited at the moment.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen