Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2011

Belle of Belfast

Apple Pie

This soap was named
Belle of Belfast because - like the belle in the folk song Tell Me Ma - she's as nice as apple pie:



I reckoned that if I put the apple perfume oil into the yellow part of the soap base and the vanilla perfume oil into the green part, it would make one perfect yellow-and-green apple-pie-like soap. However, vanilla doesn't only turn light colours into brown, it also trumps green dye (at least in the quantities I used). The green parts you can see in the first picture turned rapidly brown after exposure to air. Which would have happened to any green apple. So actually this soap is like a little vanitas.



What a sad, scary thought! Let's quickly skip to the soap again and perhaps listen to the song once more. It was a very nice soap, made mostly of the usual suspects (palm, coconut, canola, olive oil as well as a little bit of cocoa butter and macadamia oil). I only had a small test bottle of apple perfume oil (10ml), so the scent was drowned by the vanilla, which I used liberally. I cut most of the pieces with the wave-cutter and I still love the feeling of wavy soaps when I use them, but then you don't get to stamp those soaps. Well, you can't have your apple pie and eat it...

Apple Pie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen