Sonntag, 21. Februar 2010

Soap packaging



One of the pleasures of soapmaking is not only looking at the finished soaps, but also gift-wrapping them. Whenever I'm out of ideas, I like to look at the Flickr soap packaging foto pool or simply browse photos tagged with "soap packaging".

Some professional soapmakers like MacSoapy and El Sapone offer some of their label designs for noncommercial use on their blogs (I also love to look at El Sapones product labels, mostly in art nouveau style). I have downloaded loads of them and cannot make enough soap for all the labels I'd like to try... There was another website which offered labels for noncommercial use (vivaidee or something), but I can't find it anymore :(.

Here's a label I made with one of El Sapone's designs:

I'd love to make my own designs, but I'm no photoshop wizard plus I don't even have photoshop. Tried to make labels with Gimp, which is a free graphics software. I found a "pizza slice" add-on which allows you to automatically mirror pictures to make tiles. The results were okayish, but I haven't found a more powerful mirroring add-on which allows me to determine which angle should be mirrored etc. (If somebody knows one, please tell me!) Here is one of my tiles and its pattern:

2 Kommentare:

  1. That's a pretty design, I like them best with several colours... I must admit that I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to create these with photoshop... even though I have the program. Looking at these makes me want to try it, though - it's a pity I have no real need for soap labels *g*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Don't let that keep you from trying!! *gg* I'd love to wrap my soaps in your designs! Wait, I'd have to make new soap first :'-(. So many ideas for new soaps, so little time.

    AntwortenLöschen