Sonntag, 19. Juni 2011

Seifenblogpipes

Haven't had much time to post let alone to make any new soaps lately. Looking at other people's soap blogs is my methadone.

I had wanted to try Yahoo Pipes for a while, a web service which allows you to aggregate all kinds of web content, so I made a soap blog pipe a couple of months ago. INITIALLY, it worked very well and I had some eighty-x blogs feeding into the pipe. Perhaps you have seen the soapblogpipe widget in the right hand bar of my blog?


HOWEVER, either those eightysomething blogs became too much for the pipe or something else went wrong, but after a while it stopped functioning properly (in the Yahoo Pipes interface, it worked well enough, but as soon as I tried to view it in a feedreader or via bloglines, it didn't work anymore). Couldn't figure out why, so for the moment, I have split it into three separate pipes which function individually. I tried to aggregate those three pipes back into the original pipe, but it doesn't work properly; it only shows the posts from one of the three pipes. If anyone has any idea why that is, I'd be thrilled to know. (I'll retry feeding all blogs into a single pipe again once I have more time on my hands)

So for now, there are three little soapblogpipe widgets to the right.

Below: editing view of the (not-functioning) blog pipe which should aggregate the three new pipes
blogpipe-editview

The Yahoo interface view of one of the three new soap blog pipes
seifenblogpipe_yahoo-interface



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen